Today I decided to do this tag that made the rounds back on YouTube before sponsored videos were a thing and creators just published content for shits and giggle that they thought others might enjoy. That is exactly the purpose of this blog post. As with most things in my life, I tried to answer these questions with the most wit and sarcasm that I could muster.
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
My “closet” (clothing rails and shelves) doesn’t have doors, but if it did, they’d be closed 100%. I watched Monsters Inc, I know what happens.
2. Do you take the shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Uh, no. I never use them anyways, they dry out my hair too much.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, I am not a member of the Sonop fraternity.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Absolutely! Do you know what I’d like even more? If they actually stuck to the surface you put them on.
6. Do you cut out coupons but never use them?
No, I find cutting pieces of paper a tedious and unnecessary task.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Errr… a big bear. Preferably Winnie the Pooh, or one of those with the rainbows on their tummies.
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
It depends on the type of picture.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who are inconsiderate.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
No, I am not a FitBit. Also, I have ADD, so I’d probably get distracted after the fifth step 😂🙈
12. Have you ever been camping?
During primary and high school we were forced to go on these “campy” retreat type things where we learned about teamwork and the other remaining eight circles of hell in Dante’s Inferno. These trips are more commonly referred to as Veldskool.
13. How long has it been since you’ve camping?
Apart from the scarring scholastic endeavours during my adolescence, I have actually never been camping. Thank.God. However, I would really love to go glamping.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
16. How many people have you spent time with this weekend?
17. What size is your bed?
I have two single beds that I’ve pushed together to make one huge bed.
18. What is your song of the week?
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
It’s okay for anyone to wear whatever the hell they like.
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
The cartoons I enjoy aren’t being broadcast on tv anymore, but I LOVE really old school cartoons. So I’ve started buying episodes of The Flintstones and Scooby-Doo (that are two of my favourites) on DVD.
21. What’s your favourite movie?
That’s like asking a mother who’s her favourite child, but in no particular order: Troy, Chicago, The Harry Potter Series, The Pirates of the Caribbean Series and The Man Called Flintstone. I’m probably missing quite a few, but these are the ones off the top of my head.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Hmmm…probably in a chest aboard the Flying Dutchman.
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Mostly water but I also love a glass of wine with dinner.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
I very rarely eat chicken nuggets. I’m thinking this is something that needs to change in my life.
25. What is your favourite food?
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Troy, musicals and of course Harry Potter.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
A lady never tells, darling 😉
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
No. “Organised group activities aren’t really my thing.”
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
That would depend on a number of different factors.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
On Monday, when the lecturer asked me to start a register and I wrote her a short letter notifying her of my presence in her class. Granted, I only wrote down my name, student number and signature, but they say it’s the thought that counts.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
I’m still trying to deal with my oily skin, so…one step at a time.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
No, but not from a lack of trying.
33. Ever ran out of gas?
No, and in South Africa we call it petrol. Running out of gas could potentially mean something completely different here.
34. Favourite kind of sandwich?
Hmmm…probably chicken mayonnaise with some mozzarella cheese.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I love a really an elaborate breakfast buffet with a variety of different things to choose from. The best breakfast buffet I’ve ever experienced was during my stay at The Cascades hotel the weekend my parents took me to Sun City to celebrate my 21st birthday.
36. What is your usual bed time?
Standard Millennial Time: 00:00
37. Are you lazy?
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
Unfortunately, we didn’t celebrate Halloween when I was a kid. However, I do plan on celebrating it when I have kids of my own one day.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
The Rooster, which is very ironic considering how scared I am of birds, especially roosters.
40. How many languages can you speak?
I am bilingual. I speak fluent Afrikaans and English and then I also studied French for five years during high school.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
42. Which are better, legos or lincoln logs?
43. Are you stubborn?
I most certainly am not.
44. Who is better, Leno or Letterman?
I am not really familiar enough with either of them to be able to choose.
45. Ever watch soap operas?
Yes and if anyone ever tells you they never watched 7de Laan or Egoli– they’re lying.
46. Are you afraid of heights?
47. Do you sing in the car?
It’s the place where I sing the most.
48. Do you sing in the shower?
49. Do you dance in the car?
Oh yes, honey!
50. Ever used a gun?
Hell yeah. Ever tried doing crafts without a glue gun?
51. Last time you got your portrait taken by a photographer?
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes, but in a good way, besides I am a huge fan of cheese.
53. Is Christmas stressful?
The older I get, the more stressful it becomes.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
‘n Watse ding?
55. Favourite type of fruit pie?
I really don’t like fruit pies.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
A ballerina, a teacher and I also wanted to write the screenplay for my favourite cartoon TopCat.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, but I personally think that they’re spirits, not ghosts.
58. Ever have a deja vu feeling?
Every time I listen to Beyonce’s B’day album.
59. Take a vitamin daily?
I try to.
60. Wear slippers?
61. Wear a bathrobe?
I’ve started getting very into it lately, especially during a good old pamper session with my favourite Body Shop products and some scented candles.
62. What do you wear to bed?
Comfy leggings/ shorts and and an oversized shirt.
63. First concert?
Well the first international artist I ever saw perform live was Adam Lambert in 2012 and it was honestly one of the best nights if my life. The show was absolutely incredible and the only way I can do it justice is by calling it a spiritual experience.
64. Wall-Mart, Target or KMart?
65. Nike or Adidas?
Nike, but Adidas is a very close second.
66. Cheetos or Fritos?
Ew. Neither. For some inexplicable reason chips just seem to completely gross me out.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Well if I’m about to die of malnourishment, I’d have to pick peanuts.
68. Ever heard of the group Trés Bien?
No, but I’m assuming they’re very good?
70. Ever take dance lessons?
Only every day for 12 years of my life.
71. Can your curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
No, but I did compete in some when I was in primary school. However, my first part-time job as an in-house editor almost mainly consisted of proofreading, so it all turned out alright in the end.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Yes…but I’d had quite a bit to drink…does that still count?
74. Do you own any record albums?
Yes, but we only bought them for table decorations.
75. Own a record player?
No, as I have an iPhone and a docking station I feel it would be completely redundant.
76. Regularly burn incense?
Oh yes! I love it!
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
AC/DC, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Céline Dion, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, James Bay, John Legend, John Mayer, Josh Groban, Kaleo, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Metallica, Michael Bublé, Norah Jones, The Pretty Reckless, Queen with Adam Lambert (I wish to Apollo that Freddy Mercury was still alive. I would’ve LOVED to see him perform with Queen), The Rolling Stones, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd. That’s my list, for now at least.
79. What was the last concert you saw?
I saw One Direction at the FNB Stadium in 2015. Here is my video of the night ♡
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Sugar or Snickerdoodles?
Do Snickerdoodles not contain sugar?
83. Can you swim well?
I do a pretty bitchin’ doggy paddle. Pun intended.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Yes, maybe I should list that on my CV as a skill?
85. Are you patient?
Not even a little bit.
86. DJ or band at a wedding?
It depends on what DJ or band you’re hiring as well as the type of wedding.
87. Ever won a contest?
Apparently I won my parents a shitload of nappies when they entered me in a baby contest. Once again, pun intended.
88. Ever had plastic surgery?
89. Which are better, black or green olives?
The martini I get to drink once I take them out.
90. Can you knit or crochet?
No…my ouma passed away before she could teach me, which is heartbreaking because she was absolutely brilliant at it.
91. Best room for a fireplace?
The dragon’s den.
92. Do you want to get married?
93. If married, how long have you been married.
94. Who was your high school crush?
I’m gonna go with my celebrity crush, who in high school was Alex Pettyfer.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get you way?
Only if I’m not fed on time.
96. Do you have kids?
I have two beautiful dogs, who are my furbabies.
97. Do you want kids?
Yes, I mean until one of them starts screaming for no reason in a shopping mall, then I tend to rethink things.
98. What’s your favourite colour?
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
My besties 😔
100. Something that happened to you in middle school?
I got acne, braces and bullied.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post as much as I did writing it! Please leave me a link in the comment section if you’ve done this tag yourself and tell me if there are any others that you’d like me to do ♡
The post "The 100 Questions That Nobody Asks Tag" appeared first on zoejoyxoxo.com